JANICKI INDUSTRIES INC. (Hereinafter “Janicki Industries”)
Purchase Order Terms & Conditions, Rev K
1. ACCEPTANCE: These terms and conditions and the documents referred to herein govern all Purchase Orders (“Orders”) issued by Janicki Industries to the Supplier identified on each Order. Fulfillment of any part of an Order, or any other conduct by Supplier which recognizes the existence of a contract pertaining to the subject matter of such Order, shall constitute acceptance by Supplier of such Order and all of the terms and conditions included or referenced on this page (the “Contract Terms”). Janicki Industries objects to any terms proposed in Supplier’s proposal, sales note, acknowledgment or other form of acceptance of Janicki Industries’ offer which add to, vary from, or conflict with the Contract Terms. Any such proposed terms shall be void and the Contract Terms constitute the complete and exclusive statement of the terms and conditions between Supplier and Janicki Industries. The Contract Terms may be modified only by a written instrument executed by authorized representatives of both Supplier and Janicki Industries. If an Order has been issued by Janicki Industries in response to Supplier’s offer and if any of the Contract Terms add to, vary from or conflict with any terms of Supplier’s offer, then the issuance of the Order by Janicki Industries shall constitute an acceptance of Supplier’s offer subject to the express conditions that Supplier assents to the additional, different and conflicting Contract Terms and acknowledges that the Order and these Contracts Terms constitutes the entire agreement between Supplier and Janicki Industries with respect to the subject matter hereof and the subject matter of Supplier’s offer. Supplier shall be deemed to have so assented and acknowledged unless Supplier notifies Janicki Industries to the contrary in a writing signed by Supplier’s authorized representative within ten (10) working days of receipt of the Order.
2. TERMINATION: Janicki Industries may terminate for convenience at any time by written notice any Order, or its obligation to purchase any products or services from Supplier. If an Order is terminated for convenience, then the termination date shall be not less than 3 days from the date of notice, unless otherwise mutually agreed to by the parties. Janicki Industries shall pay for any products delivered or services performed prior to the date that termination becomes effective (on a pro rata basis if Janicki Industries has paid in advance any fees covering a fixed period of Services). Unless Janicki Industries has requested and received a refund in respect of any undelivered product(s) or terminated services, it shall be entitled to the delivery of all product(s) and completion of all services for which it has paid prior to the effective date of the termination. In addition to any other remedy provided at law or equity, either party shall have the right to terminate or cancel an Order, and any obligation to purchase, sell or provide a product or service, in the event the other party (a) fails to comply with any condition of the Order or any related Agreement, and such failure is not remedied within thirty (30) days after written notice thereof has been given to such other party; (b) becomes insolvent, makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors, suffers or permits the appointment of a receiver, trustee in bankruptcy or similar officer for all or parts of its business or assets; or (c) avails itself of or becomes subject to any bankruptcy proceeding under the laws or any jurisdiction relating to insolvency or the protection of rights of creditors.
3. CONFIDENTIALITY: All specifications, documents, artwork, or drawings delivered to Supplier by Janicki Industries, and any other non-public information Janicki Industries discloses to Supplier, remains Janicki Industries’ property. The information is provided to Supplier solely for the purpose of Supplier’s performance of the Order and on the express condition that neither the Order nor the information contained therein or provided in connection therewith shall be disclosed to others nor used for any purpose other than in connection with the Order without Janicki Industries’ prior express written consent. Janicki Industries reserves the right to request that Supplier return all such information to Janicki Industries or destroy it. Supplier’s obligations under this paragraph shall survive the cancellation, termination or other completion of the Order.
4. WARRANTY: Supplier expressly warrants that all products and services supplied to Janicki Industries by Supplier as a result of an Order shall conform to the specifications, drawings or other description upon which the Order is based, shall be fit and sufficient for the purpose intended, merchantable, of good material and workmanship, free from defects and free and clear of all liens or encumbrances. Inspection, testing, acceptance or use of the goods by Janicki Industries shall not affect Supplier’s obligations under this warranty, and such warranty shall survive inspection, testing, acceptance and use. Supplier agrees to replace or correct promptly defects of any goods or services not conforming to the foregoing warranty without expense to Janicki Industries, when notified of such non-conformity by Janicki Industries. If Supplier fails to correct defects in or replace non-conforming goods or services promptly, Janicki Industries may, after reasonable notice to Supplier, make such corrections or effect cover at Supplier’s expense.
5. PRICE: An Order must not be filled at a higher price than shown on the Order. Unless another currency is specified on the order, all monetary amounts are deemed to be expressed in U.S. dollars. If no price is shown, Supplier must notify the Janicki Industries Buyer who issued the Order of the price and his/her acceptance must be obtained in writing before filling the Order. The price shall not in any event be higher than the lowest price Supplier provides to any of Supplier’s other customers ordering similar quantities, after taking into consideration all rebates, discounts and allowances. Unless otherwise provided on the Order, delivery of Goods shall be f.o.b. destination and Supplier will not charge for boxing, packing, crating or other charges. Supplier’s prices include any and all related customs duty. If Supplier sells products to Janicki Industries, or if the services include provision to Janicki Industries of any deliverables, subject to any customs duty, Supplier’s prices include any and all related customs duty.
6. TAXES: Janicki Industries will not be liable for any taxes with respect to an Order, except for sales, use, retailers occupation, service occupation, excise, ad valorem, value added, or consumption taxes imposed by any governmental authority for the purchase of the products Supplier supplies, which Supplier is required by law to collect from Janicki Industries. Supplier shall not collect or remit, and Janicki Industries shall not be liable for, any such taxes if Janicki Industries has provided Supplier with a tax exemption certificate. Janicki Industries also will not be liable for any taxes of any nature based on the income of Supplier. If Janicki Industries is required by the law of any jurisdiction to withhold any taxes, duties, fees, levies, or charges (“Withholding Taxes”) from any fees or other charges (including reimbursement of expenses) paid to Supplier, Janicki Industries will be entitled to deduct the amount of such Withholding Taxes from the amount of such fees or other charges (including reimbursement of expenses). If Supplier is either exempt from withholding or entitled to a reduced rate of withholding pursuant to a tax treaty or other applicable law, and provides Janicki Industries with adequate documentation of such exemption from or reduced rate of withholding, Janicki Industries will be entitled to withhold only such Withholding Taxes from which Supplier is not exempt. In case of doubt by Janicki Industries as to Janicki Industries’ liability for any such tax, Supplier shall allow Janicki Industries, at Janicki Industries’ expense, to assume control of any litigation or proceeding relating to the determination and settlement of such tax. Janicki Industries shall, upon final settlement of such litigation and proceeding, reimburse Supplier for any tax owing including in the amount to be reimbursed, any interest charges and penalties accruing thereon.
7. INVOICES: Supplier agrees to issue invoices referencing the Order number, line number (where applicable), release number (where applicable), item number, description of items, sizes, quantities, unit prices and extended totals. If an Order contains more than one item, Supplier’s invoice will make the proper reference. Taxes, if any that are to be collected by Supplier shall be stated separately and shall be remitted by Supplier to the appropriate taxing authority. All invoices shall comply with the requirements of each relevant taxing authority and shall contain data and registration numbers that will enable Janicki Industries to obtain appropriate credit for any taxes charged.
Failure to comply with the above may result in delayed payment or returned invoices.
8. PAYMENT: As full consideration for Supplier’s satisfactory provision of the products or performance of the services, Janicki Industries will pay Supplier’s invoice not later than thirty (30) days following Janicki Industries’ receipt of said invoice unless otherwise indicated in supplier agreement. Janicki Industries’ payment of any such invoice shall constitute full and complete satisfaction of any and all actual and potential fees for the billing period covered by the invoice. Partial payments will not be made, unless Janicki Industries agrees otherwise in writing. All payment terms will be calculated based upon date of receipt (of products or services) or invoice (whichever is later) and payment terms will be considered satisfied based upon date of postmark of payment, or if EFT payment, date of transmission. Janicki Industries shall receive invoices within three (3) business days of invoice date.
9. PRESUMPTIONS: Supplier shall be conclusively presumed to have waived Supplier’s right to receive payment for products or services covered by any Order if Supplier has not submitted an invoice for the products or services within one (1) year of the date of the Order. Supplier’s submission of an invoice shall give rise to a presumption that the charges are the full amount Supplier is due for the products or services listed on or referred to in the invoice for the purpose of determining the existence of any underpayment. Supplier may submit supplemental invoices only if accompanied by a photocopy of the original invoice and documentation acceptable to Janicki Industries that establishes the validity of Supplier’s claim for underpayment. Supplier waives any claim for underpayment if a supplemental invoice and supporting documentation have not been furnished within the earlier of (i) one (1) year after the Delivery Date or performance of the services covered by the supplemental invoice, or (ii) three (3) months after the date of submission of the original invoice.
10. FORCE MAJEURE: Neither party shall be liable for a delay in performance of its obligations and responsibilities under this Order due to causes beyond its control, and without its fault or negligence, such as but not limited to war, embargo, national emergency, insurrection or riot, acts of the public enemy, fire, flood or other natural disaster, provided that said party has taken reasonable measures to notify the other promptly in writing, of delay (but in any event, within 72 hours of the force majeure event). Time is of the essence of this Agreement, and should Supplier fail to comply with Janicki Industries’ delivery schedule or otherwise fail to comply with its obligations hereunder, Janicki Industries may terminate this Order without liability. Failure of subcontractors or inability to obtain materials shall not be considered as a force majeure delay.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: If Supplier provides to Janicki Industries any development, consulting, analysis, design, computer programming, installation, testing, conversion, implementation, training, technical writing and any other services resulting in the creation or modification of any computer programs, firmware, schematics, flowcharts, drawings, specifications, documentation, reports, recommendations or other writings, information or material embodied in a tangible medium, the terms and conditions of Janicki Industries’ Specifications A-1 (Terms for Development and Professional Services) shall apply to that Order. Janicki Industries shall retain a copy of the version of Specifications A-1 that was in effect at the time each Order was placed and records showing the effective dates of each version.
12. INDEMNITY: Supplier shall, at Supplier’s sole cost and expense, release, defend indemnify and hold directors, officers, agents, employees, and shareholders harmless from and against all claims, demands, disputes, complaints, causes of action, suits, losses and damages (including attorneys’ fees) of any kind to the extent they in any way relate to or arise, in whole or in part, due to (a) subcontractors, or agents or the employees of any thereof, in the performance of this Order or any breach or default hereunder or (b) a claim that the goods or services Supplier provides are dangerously defective, or (c) a claim that Supplier’s products or services, or any part thereof, infringes a patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual or proprietary right of a third party.
13. INSURANCE: Supplier shall be solely responsible for maintaining and requiring Supplier’s Assistants to maintain such adequate health, auto, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, disability, liability, and other insurance, as is required by law or as is the common practice in Supplier’s and Supplier’s Assistants’ trades or businesses, whichever affords greater coverage. Upon request, Supplier shall provide Janicki Industries with certificates of insurance or evidence of coverage from companies meeting an A.M. Best rating of at least A-VII showing that Supplier is covered before commencing performance under this Agreement. Supplier shall provide adequate coverage for any Janicki Industries’ property under the care, custody or control of Supplier or Supplier’s Assistants. The Commercial General Liability policy shall name Janicki Industries as an additional insured as its interest may appear, contain a cross liability (severability of interests) provision and be primary and non-contributory to any insurance available or maintained by Janicki Industries. No exceptions to these coverages may be made unless approved in writing by Janicki Industries. Properly endorsed Certificates of Insurance shall be sent to the following address ten (10) days prior to commencement of delivery of any Product or Services, and upon renewal of insurance policies:
Attn: Supply Chain Manager
719 Metcalf Street
Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
14. CONFIDENTIALITY: Supplier will acquire knowledge of Janicki Industries Confidential Information (as defined below) in connection with its performance hereunder and agrees to keep such Janicki Industries Confidential Information in confidence during and following termination or expiration of this Agreement. “Janicki Industries Confidential Information” includes but is not limited to all information, whether written or oral, in any form, including without limitation, information relating to the research, development, products, methods of manufacture, trade secrets, business plans, customers, suppliers, finances, personnel data, Work Product (as defined herein) and other material or information considered proprietary by Janicki Industries relating to the current or anticipated business or affairs of Janicki Industries which is disclosed directly or indirectly to Supplier. In addition, Janicki Industries Confidential Information means any third party’s proprietary or confidential information disclosed to Supplier in the course of providing Services or Goods to Janicki Industries. Janicki Industries Confidential Information does not include any information (i) which Supplier lawfully knew without restriction on disclosure before Janicki Industries disclosed it to Supplier, (ii) which is now or becomes publicly known through no wrongful act or failure to act of Supplier, (iii) which Supplier developed independently without use of the Janicki Industries Confidential Information, as evidenced by appropriate documentation, or (iv) which is hereafter lawfully furnished to Supplier by a third party as a matter of right and without restriction on disclosure. In addition, Supplier may disclose Confidential Information which is required to be disclosed pursuant to a requirement of a government agency or law so long as Supplier provides prompt notice to Janicki Industries of such requirement prior to disclosure.
Supplier agrees not to copy, alter or directly or indirectly disclose any Janicki Industries Confidential Information. Additionally, Supplier agrees to limit its internal distribution of Janicki Industries Confidential Information to Supplier’s Assistants who have a need to know, and to take steps to ensure that the dissemination is so limited, including the execution by Supplier’s Assistants of nondisclosure agreements with provisions substantially similar to those set forth herein. In no event will Supplier use less than the degree of care and means that it uses to protect its own information of like kind, but in any event not less than reasonable care to prevent the unauthorized use of Janicki Industries Confidential Information.
Supplier further agrees not to use the Janicki Industries Confidential Information except in the course of performing hereunder and will not use such Janicki Industries Confidential Information for its own benefit or for the benefit of any third party. The mingling of the Janicki Industries Confidential Information with information of Supplier shall not affect the confidential nature or ownership of the same as stated hereunder. Supplier agrees not to design or manufacture any products which incorporate Janicki Industries Confidential Information. All Janicki Industries Confidential Information is and shall remain the property of Janicki Industries. Upon Janicki Industries’ written request or the termination of this Agreement, Supplier shall return, transfer or assign to Janicki Industries all Janicki Industries Confidential Information, including all Work Product, as defined herein, and all copies thereof.
15. FLOW-DOWN OF REQUIREMENTS: The Supplier is responsible to ensure that all applicable requirements are flowed down to sub-tier Suppliers. Supplier is responsible for adequate control of sub-tier Suppliers to assure that sub-tier Suppliers meet purchase order requirements. The Supplier is responsible to ensure that sub-tier Suppliers use the latest process / drawing revision. When it is determined that the Supplier or it’s sub-tier Supplier is responsible for: A) The root cause of a non-conforming product, B) Ineffective corrective action, or C) Failure to respond with the specified time, a Corrective Action may be issued to the Supplier. Acceptance of this PO indicates Supplier agreement with flow down requirements and/or proper end item user process specification requirements.
16. OWNERSHIP OF WORK PRODUCT: For purposes of this Agreement, “Work Product” shall include, without limitation, all designs, discoveries, creations, works, devices, masks, models, work in progress, service deliverables, inventions, products, computer programs, procedures, improvements, developments, drawings, notes, documents, business processes, information and materials made, conceived or developed by Supplier alone or with others which result from or relate to the Services performed hereunder. Standard Goods manufactured by Supplier and sold to Janicki Industries without having been designed, customized or modified for Janicki Industries do not constitute Work Product. All Work Product shall at all times be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Janicki Industries. Supplier hereby agrees to irrevocably assign and transfer to Janicki Industries and does hereby assign and transfer to Janicki Industries all of its worldwide right, title and interest in and to the Work Product including all associated intellectual property rights. Janicki Industries will have the sole right to determine the treatment of any Work Product, including the right to keep it as trade secret, execute and file patent applications on it, to use and disclose it without prior patent application, to file registrations for copyright or trademark in its own name or to follow any other procedure that Janicki Industries deems appropriate. Supplier agrees: (a) to disclose promptly in writing to Janicki Industries all Work Product in its possession; (b) to assist Janicki Industries in every reasonable way, at Janicki Industries’ expense, to secure, perfect, register, apply for, maintain, and defend for Janicki Industries’ benefit all copyrights, patent rights, mask work rights, trade secret rights, and all other proprietary rights or statutory protections in and to the Work Product in Janicki Industries’ name as it deems appropriate; and (c) to otherwise treat all Work Product as Janicki Industries Confidential Information as described above. These obligations to disclose, assist, execute and keep confidential survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement. All tools and equipment supplied by Janicki Industries to Supplier shall remain the sole property of Janicki Industries.
Supplier will ensure that Supplier’s Assistants appropriately waive any and all claims and assign to Janicki Industries any and all rights or any interests in any Work Product or original works created in connection with this Agreement. Supplier irrevocably agrees not to assert against Janicki Industries or its direct or indirect customers, assignees or licensees any claim of any intellectual property rights of Supplier affecting the Work Product.
Janicki Industries will not have rights to any works conceived or reduced to practice by Supplier which were developed entirely on Supplier’s own time without using equipment, supplies, facilities or trade secret or Janicki Industries Confidential Information, unless (i) such works relate to Janicki Industries’ business, or Janicki Industries’ actual or demonstrably anticipated research or development, or (ii) such works result from any Services performed by Supplier for Janicki Industries.
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL JANICKI INDUSTRIES BE LIABLE TO SUPPLIER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS, OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING FROM OR AS A RESULT OF THESE CONTRACT TERMS, ANY ORDER OR ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES RELATING TO THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR DELIVERABLES SUPPLIER PROVIDES, EVEN IF JANICKI INDUSTRIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
18. CHANGE ORDERS: Janicki Industries reserves the right to make changes in drawings, designs, specifications, scope of work to be performed, time and place of delivery and method of transportation. If such change is to be made, it will be evidenced in writing by Janicki Industries in the form of a Change Order. If any such change has an effect on the price, warranty, delivery date or indemnification provisions of the Order, an equitable written acknowledgement of the effect on the changed provisions shall be indicated on the Change Order. Supplier may not make any change in drawings, design specifications, scope of work to be performed, time and place of delivery and method of transportation without Janicki Industries’ written Change Order acknowledging the change. Any such Change Orders accepted by Supplier shall be incorporated in and amend the Order. Changes to this Purchase Order shall be communicated between the supplier and Janicki Industries’ Purchasing Department only. Verbal or electronic communications between the supplier and any other entity shall be considered advisory only and shall become official and effective only when incorporated into a revision of the PO. Any quotes, RFQs or ROMS referenced become an integral part of this PO.
19. PRODUCT CHANGES/ PART OBSOLESCENCE: The supplier shall notify the Janicki Industries Buyer of any changes listed below to qualified material. Qualified material is defined as products or components manufactured utilizing the same condition(s), method(s), material(s) and processes during the previous manufacturing period as well as acceptance criteria.
- Proposed changes to the Company, supplier, and sub-tier suppliers approved designs (including proprietary designs
- Proposed changes to fabrication, test methods, processes, and / or tooling
- Changes in point of manufacture.
- Management or ownership changes.
- Prolonged labor disputes.
- Prolonged shutdown of normal manufacturing operations.
- Changes in sub-tier supplier locations
Unless otherwise specified in the purchase order, the qualified material(s) Supplier provides to Janicki Industries shall be the current material revision.
Contractor shall provide advanced notification in writing to the Janicki Industries Buyer of any changes to tooling, facilities, materials or processes at the contracting supplier or their sub-tier suppliers that could affect the Janicki-contracted product. This includes but is not limited to fabrication, assembly, handling, inspection, acceptance, testing, facility relocation, or introduction of a new manufacturer.
Contractor shall notify the Janicki Industries Buyer of any pending or contemplated future action to discontinue articles purchased pursuant to this Contract and shall allow Janicki to submit a forecast of expected annual usage prior to Contractor finalizing its decision to discontinue the articles. Contractor shall provide Janicki with a “Last Time Buy Notice” at least twelve months prior to the actual discontinuance. Contractor shall extend opportunities to Janicki to place last time buys of such articles with deliveries not to exceed twelve months after the last time buy date.
20. PACKAGING: Unless otherwise specified, the products Supplier sells to Janicki Industries shall be (a) packed, packaged, marked and otherwise prepared for shipment in a manner which is in accordance with good commercial practice, (b) acceptable to common carriers for shipment at the lowest rate for the particular goods and in accordance with applicable regulations, and (c) adequate to insure safe arrival at the named destination. Supplier agrees to mark all containers with necessary lifting, handling, and shipping information and also Order numbers, date or dates. A packing list must be enclosed in all shipments showing the Order number and exact quantity and description of the goods shipped. Shredded paper, or any other loose type of packaging that would likely pose a FOD (Foreign Object Debris) hazard shall not be used. Foam in place type cushioning is preferred.
21. RISK OF LOSS: Regardless of the method of shipment used, Supplier agrees to deliver all product specified on the Order to the location(s) specified on the Order at Supplier’s own risk. Supplier shall bear the risk of loss, destruction or damage until the items are accepted by Janicki Industries.
22. DELIVERY: Time is of the essence. Supplier agrees to comply with Janicki Industries’ shipping, delivery, installation or startup schedules (as applicable) without any delay and without anticipating Janicki Industries’ requirements, and shall comply with the provisions and follow the procedures outlined in the Janicki Industries Inbound Routing Guide that has been provided separately to Supplier or is available upon request. Shipments must equal the exact amounts identified in the Order and no partial shipments or runt cartons, changes or substitutions in specifications may be made without Janicki Industries Buyer prior written consent. Janicki Industries’ acceptance of late shipments or partial shipments shall not constitute a waiver of any of Janicki Industries’ rights to collect damages for goods not delivered or for late delivery. Supplier shall report to Janicki Industries Buyer any delays in a schedule immediately as they become known to Supplier. Janicki Industries reserve the right to cancel the Order and effect cover if Supplier cannot comply with the schedule(s) indicated on the Order. If dates are not specified on the Order, Supplier shall procure materials, fabricate, assemble and ship goods or provide services only as authorized by shipment releases Janicki Industries issues to Supplier. Janicki Industries may return overshipments to Supplier at Supplier’s expense for all packing, handling, sorting and transportation. Janicki Industries may from time to time, and with reasonable notice, suspend schedules specified in the Order or such shipment releases. If it becomes necessary for Supplier to ship by a more expensive mode than specified on the Order in order to meet a schedule, Supplier shall pay any resulting premium transportation cost unless Supplier can establish to Janicki Industries’ satisfaction that the necessity for the change in routing is occasioned by force majeure events. Supplier on-time delivery performance will be monitored by Janicki Industries. Corrective actions may be issued to Supplier for performance below Janicki Industries standards.
23. ACCEPTANCE OF PRODUCT: Payment by Janicki Industries for the products or services delivered hereunder shall not constitute Janicki Industries’ acceptance. Janicki Industries retains the right to inspect the products or services performed and to reject any or all of the products or services performed which are in Janicki Industries’ judgment defective, as well as the right to inspect Supplier’s manufacturing operations, handling and storage of products and raw material, including the equipment used to manufacture the products. Janicki Industries will give Supplier reasonable notice of any planned Supplier site visit. No inspection or test made prior to final acceptance shall relieve Supplier for defects or other failure to meet the requirements of this Agreement. Products rejected by Janicki Industries and products supplied in excess of quantities called for herein may be returned to Supplier at Supplier’s expense. In addition to Janicki Industries’ other rights, Janicki Industries may charge Supplier all expenses of unpacking, examining, repacking, and reshipping such goods. In the event Janicki Industries receive goods whose defects or nonconformity is not apparent on examination, resulting in deterioration of Janicki Industries’ finished product, Janicki Industries reserves the right to require the replacement, as well as payment of any resulting damages. When a shipment is rejected based upon Janicki Industries’ inspection, and such rejection increases the risk of jeopardizing Janicki Industries’ production schedules by reason of the fact that at least some of the products are necessary to meet such production schedules, then Janicki Industries, at its option, may charge Supplier for the reasonable costs of an increased level of inspection up to and including inspection of each of the products comprising such shipment. Supplier quality performance will be monitored by Janicki Industries. Corrective actions may be issued to Supplier for performance below Janicki Industries standards.
24. JANICKI INDUSTRIES PROPERTY: Any material or parts furnished by Janicki Industries intended for use by Supplier in Supplier’s execution of Supplier’s duties as required by this Order are held by Supplier on consignment. All such materials or parts not used by Supplier in connection with this Order shall be returned to Janicki Industries at Janicki Industries’ expense unless Supplier is otherwise directed in writing. If not accounted for or not returned to Janicki Industries, Supplier shall pay or reimburse Janicki Industries for such materials or parts. All such materials or parts will be kept insured by Supplier at Supplier’s expense in an amount equal to the replacement cost with a loss payable to Janicki Industries.
25. ASSIGNMENT/DELEGATION/SUBCONTRACTING: Supplier may not assign, delegate, subcontract or transfer any Order, the work required to be done or any payments to be made hereunder without Janicki Industries’ prior written approval. In the event of agreed delegation or subcontracting, Supplier shall continue to be liable with respect to all of the obligations or liabilities assumed by it hereunder and hereby guarantees satisfactory performance of the Agreement, if any, by its delegate or subcontractor. Supplier shall enter into a written agreement with any permitted subcontractor, which, at a minimum, meets the insurance requirements of these Contract Terms and includes provisions protecting Janicki Industries’ Confidential Information in a manner consistent with the terms of this Agreement. All claims for monies due or to become due from Janicki Industries shall be subject to deduction by Janicki Industries for any setoff or counterclaim arising out of this or any other Orders with Supplier whether such setoff or counterclaim arise before or after such assignment, delegation subcontracting or transfer by Supplier.
A) Any export credits belong to Janicki Industries, and Supplier shall furnish all documents required for international shipments, and upon request, all documents required by Janicki Industries to obtain export credits and customs drawback and remission. Supplier shall include a priced invoice with the master packing slip for international shipments. Upon Janicki Industries’ request, Supplier shall furnish certificates that identify the country of origin of the materials used in the goods Janicki Industries purchase from Supplier and the value added thereto in each country.
B) If the drawing, PO or other contractual data or attachments are marked as falling under the cognizance of 22 CFR parts 120-130, Arms Control, the supplier shall comply with all aspects of the Regulation. This specifically requires registration with the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) per 22 CFR para 122.1 (a). Evidence of such registration must be produced upon request by Janicki Industries.
C) Documents and data supplied by Janicki Industries may contain technical data within the definition of the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and is subject to the Export Control Laws of the U.S. Government. Transfer of this data by any means to a foreign person or foreign entity, whether in the United States or abroad, without an export license, ITAR exemption or other approval from the U.S. Department of State is prohibited.
27. ON-SITE SERVICES: If Supplier performs any services at one of Janicki Industries’ sites, Janicki Industries reserve the right to interview and accept or reject any personnel Supplier provides prior to assignment to Janicki Industries’ facility. Janicki Industries may require any such personnel to pass a drug screening test that Janicki Industries administers. Supplier agrees to employ only competent and skilled personnel to perform the services and shall use all reasonable means to ensure the continued employment of personnel performing services pursuant to this Order. Upon Janicki Industries’ request, Supplier will immediately remove from all facilities and replace any personnel who are unsatisfactory to Janicki Industries for any reason. Supplier warrants that all personnel Supplier assigns to Janicki Industries’ facilities shall have a prior satisfactory work record in a responsible capacity; have no felony criminal record; be in good health without any physical or mental conditions which would prevent the performance of essential functions of the job. If Supplier is or becomes a party to any collaborative bargaining agreement regarding contracted personnel, no provision in that agreement shall be binding upon Janicki Industries, unless otherwise required by law. Supplier further agrees, while Supplier’s personnel are on Janicki Industries’ premises, that they will abide by Janicki Industries’ normal rules of work. Proof of American citizenship or Naturalization shall be a pre-requisite for accessing Janicki Properties without escort.
28. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS.
28.1 General: Supplier shall comply fully with all applicable federal, state and local laws in the performance of this Agreement including, but not limited to, all applicable employment, tax, export control and environmental laws.
28.2 Equal Employment Opportunity: Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with Executive Orders 11246 and 13496 and hereby provides notice of its compliance with FAR 52-222-26, 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4, 41 C.F.R. 60-250.5, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
Janicki Industries also provides notice of its compliance with the following:
41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
41 CFR 60-300.5(a): This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
28.3 Small Business Plan Requirements: Janicki Industries is a government subcontractor and is subject to the requirements of FAR section 52.219. Pursuant to FAR 52.219.9., if Supplier (i) is not considered a Small Business (as the term is defined in section 3 of the Small Business Act) and (ii) is providing Goods or Services under this Agreement in an amount greater than or equal to $500,000, and (iii) is subcontracting a portion of the Goods or Services from a third party, Supplier agrees to submit to Janicki Industries a Small Business Plan or letter stating that Supplier does not have a Small Business Plan and listing the approximate dollar amount to be subcontracted.
28.4 Hazardous Materials: If Goods include hazardous materials, Supplier represents and warrants that Supplier understands the nature of any hazards associated with the manufacture, handling and transportation of such hazardous materials
28.5 Environmental, Health and Safety Compliance: Supplier also represents and warrants that Products it supplies or delivers under this Agreement shall comply with all applicable national and international environmental, health, safety or product safety laws, regulations, treaties or other legal requirements relating to the manufacture, distribution, use and sale of the Products, including those requirements relating to the presence or use of chemicals or other materials in products (including but not limited to the laws and regulations of the United States (e.g., the Toxic Substances Control Act, the European Union (e.g., the Directive on the Restrictions on use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment) and international law (e.g., the Montreal Protocol relating to ozone-depleting substances). Supplier shall obtain a similar agreement from all of its subcontractors. Supplier agrees to obtain and furnish any information reasonably requested by Janicki Industries, including test reports prepared by certified and accredited testing laboratories relating to lead, phthalates and heavy metals content in the Products, to enable Janicki Industries to ensure its own compliance with product safety laws, and to confirm compliance with this provision or to determine the environmental, health or safety effects of materials or chemicals contained in or used by a Product provided to or delivered on behalf Janicki Industries by Supplier. Supplier also agrees to indemnify Janicki Industries against any loss, expense and penalty incurred by Janicki Industries as the result of Supplier’s failure to comply with this provision.
28.6 Customs: Upon Janicki Industries’ request, Supplier will promptly provide Janicki Industries with a statement of origin for all Goods and United States Customs documentation for Goods wholly or partially manufactured outside of the United States.
28.7 Federal Acquisition Regulations: To the extent this Order is placed under a Janicki Industries prime contract with the Federal Government, the provisions of Sections 52.219-8, 52.222-26, 52.222-35, 52.222-36, 52.222-39 and 52.247-64 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (“FAR”) in their version in effect as of the date this Order is placed are incorporated herein by reference with the same force and effect as if set forth herein. The full text of these FAR clauses may be accessed electronically at the following Internet website: www.acqnet.gov. The following changes to the FAR clauses are made for incorporation of these clauses in this Order: “Contractor” shall mean “Supplier”; “Contracting Officer” shall mean “Janicki Industries’ Purchasing Representative.”; “Contract” shall mean this “Purchase Order.”; “Government” shall mean “Janicki Industries.” and “Subcontractor” shall mean “Supplier’s subcontractor.” Supplier is not required to comply with the FAR clauses cited herein, except for FAR 52.247-64, with regard to Supplier’s work performed outside the United States by employees who were not recruited within the United States.
29. REMEDIES: Janicki Industries’ remedies shall be cumulative and shall include any remedies allowed by law. Waiver of any breach by Janicki Industries shall not constitute Janicki Industries’ waiver of any other breach of the same or any other provision. Acceptance of any items or payments therefore shall not waive any breach.
30. NONEXCLUSIVE AGREEMENT: This is not an exclusive agreement. Janicki Industries is free to engage others to perform Services or provide Goods the same as or similar to Supplier’s. Supplier is free to, and is encouraged to, advertise, offer and provide Supplier’s Services and/or Goods to others; provided however, that Supplier does not breach this Agreement.
31. NOTICES: Except for Purchase Orders which may be sent by local mail, facsimile transmission, or electronically transmitted, all notices, and other communications hereunder shall be in writing, and shall be addressed to Supplier or to the Janicki Industries Buyer, and shall be considered given when (a) delivered personally, (b) sent by confirmed telex or facsimile, (c) sent by commercial overnight courier with written verification receipt, or (d) three (3) days after having been sent, postage prepaid, by first class or certified mail.
32. SURVIVAL OF OBLIGATIONS: Any obligations and duties which by their nature extend beyond the expiration or termination of this Agreement shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
33. GOVERNING LAW/SUBMISSION TO JURISDICTION: This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws governing contracts made and to be performed in the State of Washington, U.S.A., exclusive of the U.N. Convention on the International Sale of Goods. Supplier hereby consents to the jurisdiction of any local, state, or federal court located within the State of Washington and waives any objection which Supplier may have based on improper venue or forum non conveniences to the conduct of any proceeding in any such court. If either party is required to bring or maintain any action (including assertion of any counterclaim or cross-claim, or claim in a proceeding in arbitration, bankruptcy, receivership or any other proceeding instituted by a party hereto or by others), or otherwise refers this Purchase Order Terms and Conditions to an attorney for the enforcement of any of the covenants, terms or conditions of this Purchase Order Terms and Conditions, the prevailing party in such action shall, in addition to all other payments required herein, receive form the other, all the costs incurred by the prevailing party including reasonable attorneys’ fees and such costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees which the prevailing party incurred in, and in preparation for, such action, arbitration, trial, appeal, review and/or proceeding in bankruptcy court.
34. LANGUAGE: The parties confirm that it is their wish that these Contract Terms, as well as any other documents relating hereto, including all Orders, notices, schedules, authorizations, attachments and amendments, have been and shall be drawn up in the English language only.
35. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement and associated documents referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof; all prior agreements, representations, statements, negotiations and undertakings, whether oral or written, are superseded hereby. In the event Janicki Industries acquires, is acquired by or merges with another company that has a written contract with Supplier, or otherwise assumes a contract between Supplier and the acquiring, acquired or merging company (each, a “Legacy Contract”), Janicki Industries may at its sole option terminate the Legacy Contract by written notice and elect to have this Agreement govern all transactions between Supplier and Janicki Industries and its Affiliates from and after the date given in the notice.
36. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR: Supplier is and shall be deemed to be an independent contractor at all times during its performance of the work specified in the Order. Under no circumstance shall Supplier be deemed an agent for Janicki Industries.
37. RELEASE OF INFORMATION AND ADVERTISING: Supplier shall not, without prior written consent of Janicki Industries’ Buyer, make any disclosure, news release or public announcement, denial or confirmation of same, of any part of the subject matter of this Order or in any manner advertise or publish the fact that Supplier has supplied or contracted to supply to Buyer the Products mentioned herein except as may be required to perform this Order. Disclosure to authorized Government sources is exempt from this restriction unless otherwise indicated herein.
38. RECORD RETENTION: Supplier shall have on file, and retain for ten years after final delivery of a Janicki Industries PO line item, all design, sourcing and manufacturing records as well as material, chemical and physical test reports and Certificates of Conformance for products manufactured or processes performed by themselves and their sub-tier suppliers, and shall make these documents available for review by Janicki Industries upon request.
39. ORDER ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Unless otherwise directed by the Janicki Industries Buyer, Supplier shall review all PO requirements and provide the Janicki Industries Buyer e-mail acknowledgement and acceptance of the PO with a confirmed ship date.
40. RIGHT OF ACCESS: Janicki Industries reserves the right to witness any and all tests during production as well as final inspection prior to shipment. Right of access by Janicki Industries, our customers and regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of all facilities, at any level of the supply chain involved in the order, and to all applicable records is implied in the acceptance of this Purchase Order.
41. NONCONFORMING MATERIAL CONTROL: If a nonconforming material situation occurs, the supplier shall notify the Janicki Industries Buyer for instructions. Non-conforming material shall not be delivered to Janicki without prior written approval from the Janicki Industries Buyer.
42. ROOT CAUSE AND CORRECTIVE ACTION: Supplier shall provide proof of root cause determination and corrective action for any deficiencies deemed supplier responsibility utilizing Janicki Industries’ Corrective Action Response form. Failure to respond in a timely and/or effective manner may result in future on-site review, source inspection at suppliers facility, being placed on purchase order hold status and/or disqualification. Costs associated with the identification and correction of deficient material may be charged to the Supplier.
43. COUNTERFEIT PARTS: Supplier shall have adequate processes in place to prevent the incorporation of counterfeit materials and parts into product supplied to Janicki Industries.
44. SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT: Supplier shall have adequate processes in place to communicate to Supplier’s assistants their contribution to product conformity & safety, as well as the importance of ethical behavior.
1. Contract Documents
These Specifications constitute an integral part of the Services Agreement between Janicki Industries and Supplier (“Services Agreement”) in which they are referenced, to the extent Supplier provides any Professional Services (as hereinafter defined) to Janicki Industries.
As used in these Specifications A-1, the terms listed below shall have the following definitions. Terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Definitions section of the Services Agreement.
“Acceptance Certificate” means a written certificate in a form to be provided by Janicki Industries, that Supplier shall prepare and Janicki Industries shall sign to evidence Janicki Industries’ acceptance of Deliverables.
“Acceptance Date” means the date on which Janicki Industries delivers the Acceptance Certificate or is otherwise deemed to have accepted such Deliverables.
“Acceptance Test” means any test specified in the Order which will be used to demonstrate that the Deliverables perform the functions and operate with the capabilities described in the Documentation or Specifications.
“Deliverables” means the computer programs, firmware, schematics, flowcharts, drawings, specifications, Documentation, reports, recommendations or other writings, information or material embodied in a tangible medium that are to be provided by Supplier pursuant to the Services Agreement.
“Documentation” means the visually readable English language materials provided by Supplier that are relevant to the Deliverables.
“Intellectual Property Right” means a patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, registered design, industrial design, design right, utility model or other intellectual property right recognized by statute or at common law.
“Professional Services” means all professional services to be provided by Supplier pursuant to an Order and this Agreement, including, but not limited to, development, consulting, analysis, design, computer programming, installation, testing, conversion, implementation, training, technical writing and any other services necessary or desirable to successfully install and operate the Deliverables or complete the tasks specified in the Order.
“Specifications” means the specifications referenced in and attached to the Order. The Specifications shall include, but not be limited to, tasks to be completed, functions to be performed, user operational instructions, descriptions, tolerances, capabilities and physical requirements of a Deliverable.
“Warranty Period” means that period of time commencing on the Acceptance Date and continuing for one (1) year thereafter.
3. Project Management
Each party shall appoint a project manager who shall be responsible for coordinating its activities with respect to this Agreement. Each party shall direct all performance-related inquiries to the project manager of the other party. Each party’s project manager shall have the authority to act on its behalf of in all matters concerning the technical details of the Order. To change the scope of the Order, Janicki Industries’ project manager shall provide a written request detailing the desired changes to Supplier’s project manager. Supplier’s project manager shall provide the Janicki Industries project manager with an estimate of the cost of such change and impact on the schedule. Supplier shall continue performing pursuant to the previously agreed-upon Order until the parties agree in writing (via a Purchase Order Change Order) on the applicable changes in scope of the Order, scheduling, and fees.
4. Scope Of Services
The Professional Services or Deliverables to be provided by Supplier under the Service Agreement shall be described in an Order issued by Janicki Industries and accepted by Supplier. If a task specification is issued in connection with an Order, it will reference the Service Agreement and such Order and will describe the work to be done, deliverables, ownership and confidentiality, Janicki Industries and Supplier responsibilities, scheduled completion, criteria for acceptance and cost/milestone deliverable payments. A task specification or Order may not be changed or be terminated orally, but may be modified at any time by an instrument in writing signed by authorized representatives of both parties hereto.
Janicki Industries shall have the right to interview and accept or reject any personnel provided by Supplier prior to assignment to Janicki Industries, it being understood that such interviews are for the purpose of Janicki Industries confirming the individual’s ability to perform the technical aspects of the assignment. As a condition to any engagement involving work to be performed at a Site, Supplier personnel may be required to pass a drug screening test administered by Janicki Industries.
6. Key Resources
An Order may specify a key employee, subcontractor and agent resources (“Key Resources”) committed to the performance of Supplier’s obligations. Supplier shall not change Key Resources or assign Key Resources to any other activities which are not directly associated with the performance of its obligations to Janicki Industries without the prior written consent of Janicki Industries.
Neither party shall recruit or hire any personnel of the other who are or have been assigned to perform any Professional Services in connection with any Order entered into between the parties pursuant to the Services Agreement until one (1) year after completion of the Professional Services, except that Janicki Industries shall have the right to recruit and hire any employee or consultant of Supplier if Janicki Industries terminates this Agreement or an Order for cause as specified in the Services Agreement.
Supplier acknowledges that time is of the essence for delivery of all Deliverables and completion of all Professional Services. Supplier shall deliver all Deliverables and complete all Professional Services on or before the scheduled delivery date specified on the Order. No Deliverable shall be deemed delivered and no Professional Services shall be deemed to be completed unless and until all Deliverables have been delivered and all Professional Services have been completed in their entirety in accordance with the requirements set forth in the Services Agreement, these A-1 Specifications and the Order. Any delays in delivery of Deliverables or completion of Professional Services shall be reported by Supplier to the Janicki Industries Buyer immediately as they become known to Supplier.
(a) The Deliverables shall be deemed accepted upon their successful installation at Janicki Industries’ satisfaction that the capabilities and performance of the Deliverables conform to the Documentation and Specifications.
(b) When so specified on an Order, Supplier will demonstrate to Janicki Industries’ satisfaction that the Deliverables meet the Acceptance Test criteria. In such case, if the Deliverables pass the Acceptance Test and otherwise conform to the Documentation and Specifications, Supplier shall provide Janicki Industries with an Acceptance Certificate. The Deliverables shall be deemed accepted when Janicki Industries signs the Acceptance Certificate. If Janicki Industries does not sign the Acceptance Certificate, Janicki Industries shall specify to Supplier in writing, within fifteen (15) working days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays) after the Supplier has delivered the Acceptance Certificate, the deficiencies in the Deliverables which caused Janicki Industries not to sign the Acceptance Certificate. If such notification of the deficiencies is not provided within fifteen (15) working days, the Deliverables shall be deemed accepted.
(c) If Janicki Industries specifies a deficiency as set forth above:
(i) Supplier will proceed to correct the deficiency. When the deficiency is corrected to Janicki Industries’ satisfaction, Janicki Industries will sign the Acceptance Certificate.
(ii) In the event that Supplier determines that a deficiency is not due to any Deliverable, then Supplier shall provide in writing the basis for this determination. If the deficiency is not due to a Deliverable, then Janicki Industries shall sign the
(d) If within ninety (90) days after delivery there is no acceptance of the Deliverables due to deficiencies in or caused by one or more Deliverables or if Supplier and Janicki Industries do not agree whether the deficiency is due to a Deliverable, Janicki Industries may, at its option, notify Supplier in writing that the Deliverables have not been accepted and that the Order is canceled. In such event Supplier shall immediately refund all monies paid by Janicki Industries to Supplier for such Deliverables. Janicki Industries shall retain the right to continued use of any Deliverable required for the non-disrupted continuation of its business until, but not after the earlier of:
(i) twelve (12) months after termination of the Order, or
(ii) such time as Janicki Industries has, at its convenience, successfully installed a suitable replacement for said Deliverable(s).
10. Title and Possession
(a) All Deliverables developed in connection with any Order, either by Janicki Industries or jointly by Janicki Industries and Supplier, or by Supplier pursuant to Specifications or instructions provided by Janicki Industries shall be owned by and confidential to the party identified in the Order. In the absence of any such identification in an Order, Deliverables shall be deemed to be owned by and confidential to Janicki Industries.
(b) Deliverables that are owned by and confidential to Janicki Industries shall be considered a works made for hire belonging exclusively to Janicki Industries with Janicki Industries having the right to obtain and to hold in its own name patents, copyrights, registrations, or such other protection as may be appropriate to the subject matter and any extension or renewals thereof. To the extent that any such Deliverables are not subject to the United States Copyright Act or do not otherwise qualify for work-made-for-hire treatment under such Act, Supplier agrees to assign and does hereby assign all Intellectual Property Rights in such Deliverables to Janicki Industries and shall cause its employees to waive all moral rights. Supplier agrees to give Janicki Industries and any other person designated by Janicki Industries, at Janicki Industries’ expense, all assistance reasonably required to perfect its rights pursuant to this Section. Supplier will not, nor will it permit its Employees, to sell, transfer, assign, plagiarize or otherwise disclose such Deliverables to any third party.
(c) Supplier agrees that in connection with any work performed for Janicki Industries, it will not collaborate in the creation of patentable or copyrightable works with any person (other than Janicki Industries employees or other persons who have signed agreements consistent with the provisions of this Section) without Janicki Industries’ prior written consent.
(d) Supplier shall, at its sole cost and expense, release, defend at Janicki Industries’ option, indemnify and hold harmless Janicki Industries, its directors, officers, agents, employees, and shareholders from and against all claims, demands, disputes, complaints, causes of action, suits, losses and damages (including attorneys’ fees) of any kind to the extent they in any way relate to or arise, in whole or in part, due to the acts or omissions to act of Supplier, its subcontractors, Suppliers, or agents or the employees of any thereof, in the performance of the Contract or any breach or default there under.
(e) There are no restrictions on Janicki Industries’ right to make, have made, use, modify, create derivative works of, reproduce, have reproduced, perform, display, sell and distribute Deliverables that are owned by Janicki Industries.
(f) With respect to any Janicki Industries-owned software, Supplier agrees to deliver to Janicki Industries the source code (including flowcharts, compile listings and comments sufficient to enable a reasonably skilled programmer to understand the function and operation of the computer programs) at no additional charge. When Janicki Industries shall come into possession of the computer program source code in accordance with this Agreement, Janicki Industries shall thereafter have the absolute right to modify the source code to perform any functions that Janicki Industries deems necessary or desirable. Janicki Industries agrees that any modifications to the computer programs may void any applicable warranties that may be in effect.
11. Professional Services and Deliverables Warranty
Supplier warrants during the Warranty Period that all Professional Services and Deliverables provided under the Services Agreement will be performed to the best of its, and its employees’, agents’, and contractors’ ability and in a professional manner, and that Deliverables will conform to and perform in accordance with the relevant Specifications and with all associated Documentation. Supplier’s obligation under this warranty is to re-perform any Professional Services and correct and adjust any portions of the Deliverables which do not comply with this warranty, at no additional cost to Janicki Industries. After the Warranty Period, any Janicki Industries requested corrections and modifications shall be furnished on a time and materials basis in accordance with the Agreement at the then current charges therefore, and pursuant to a separately negotiated maintenance agreement. This warranty is in addition to all other warranties expressed or implied, and other obligations of Supplier.
Supplier shall include in every subcontract provisions consistent with those contained herein. Prior written approval of each subcontractor must be obtained from the appropriate Janicki Industries Supply Chain Management representative, but such approval shall not relieve Supplier of responsibility for the subcontractor’s performance of the work.
Note: Purchase Order Notes only apply when specified on a purchase order.
1) CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMANCE.
Supplier shall make available all pertinent certificates that provide evidence of compliance with all facets of said process or specification. If no such process or specification is called out, then best commercial practices shall be followed. Supplier shall submit with each shipment a Certificate of Conformance stating that the items furnished to Janicki Industries are in conformance to the PO/Drawing requirements applicable to the items delivered. Any recognized aerospace, military and/or industry standard, when imposed by the drawing, specification or PO must be specifically stated and form a part of the certification. As a minimum each supplier and/or sub-tier certification must contain the following information: (a) Purchase Order Number (b) Lot number (c) Quantity Shipped (d) Part Number (e) The date of issue, and (f) Signature and title of the Supplier’s Quality Assurance authorized representative.
2) SDS REQUIRED
A printed copy of the most recent Safety Data Sheet shall accompany the shipment.
3) RECEIVING INSPECTION REQUIRED
Material will be inspected on receipt at Janicki Industries for conformance to PO requirements.
4) MATERIAL CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Supplier agrees to maintain certificates traceable to material being ordered. Records shall be maintained for a minimum of ten years. Material certifications shall be furnished with the shipment.
5) PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL TEST REPORTS REQUIRED
Supplier agrees to maintain physical/chemical test reports and/or certificates traceable to material being ordered. Records shall be maintained for a minimum of ten years. Material test reports/certifications shall be furnished with the shipment.
6) FIRST ARTICLE INSPECTION
A detailed first article inspection report is required. Janicki Industries must be notified in advance when the first article inspection is scheduled and reserves the right to witness the actual inspection or to require inspection to verify the data. The report may be the Supplier’s format and must list all drawing characteristics. The report must include evidence of conformance to all elements including material and processes. Each drawing characteristic must be complete with the tolerance in an adjoining column. The measured condition must be recorded. The report must show Janicki Industries’ part number revision and purchase order number. This first article will consist of one piece. This piece must be identified and packaged separately along with the report when shipped with the production parts.
7) AEROSPACE FIRST ARTICLE INSPECTION REQUIREMENT
First Article Inspection required in accordance with AS 9102. The report must show Janicki Industries’ part number, revision and purchase order number. This first article will consist of one piece. This piece must be identified and packaged separately along with the report when shipped with the production parts.
8) 100% INSPECTION
Inspection is required with actual recorded results and acceptable min/max limits for all characteristics on all parts to ensure conformance to drawing and specification requirements. A copy of this inspection record is required with the shipment of product.
9) DATA MANAGEMENT AND TRANSMISSION
All data provided to support this order is proprietary and shall not be reproduced in whole or part without the express written consent of Janicki Industries. Supplier is responsible to maintain and shall comply with standards (such as AIT MP015, Boeing D6-51991 and others) as required by Janicki Industries and customers.
Subcontracting ANY or ALL of the work procured on this purchase order without written approval of the Janicki Industries Buyer is prohibited. All approved subcontracted operations must meet all requirements of the PO and be certified by the subcontractor.
11) NIST TEST EQUIPMENT
Use of NIST-traceable test and measuring equipment is required. Records substantiating this shall be made available upon request.
12) PART MARKING
Suppliers shall identify parts with the part number and job identification number. Means of identification, such as stamping, engraving, paint marking or tagging shall be requested by the Janicki Industries Project Manager.
13) PART MARKING FOR OUTSIDE SERVICES
Outside Services include, but are not limited to, coating, plating, heat treating, and stress relieving. Suppliers of outside services will maintain component identification (ie acceptance tags) throughout receipt, processing, and delivery. Items purchased under these orders must be identified with part number and job identification number.
14) SOURCE INSPECTION REQUIRED
Inspection at vendor facility by Janicki Industries or Janicki Industries authorized representative required prior to shipping.
17) SPECIAL PROCESSES
Each special process, including but not limited to: soldering, cleaning/etching or passivation, welding, brazing, plating/coating, heat treating, magnoforming/swaging, electro polishing, acid pickling, impregnating, bonding, glass sealing, shot peening, silkscreening, magnetic particle/penetrant or ZX-RAY or N-RAY inspections, when required by Janicki Industries or other process specifications, shall be performed by approved suppliers only, and approved special process operators only.
18) SURFACE TREATMENT AND MASKING
Mask off all machined keyways and slots, and plug all machined/drilled/tapped holes, otherwise surface treat as per drawing requirements. Apply surface treatment against rust on machined surfaces with wax, oil, anti-rust spray or equivalent while staging. Parts shall be surface treated against rust prior to shipping.
19) QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Supplier shall maintain a documented quality system that complies with the requirements of government and/or industry quality system standards. Specifically, Supplier shall maintain a documented calibration system in accordance with ISO 17025 and/or ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 and as a minimum, a quality system compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001: (latest version). Supplier’s quality system is subject to verification and approval at all times by Janicki Industries.
Supplier agrees to supply material in compliance with DFARS 252.225-7014. The origin of the material shall be from a qualifying country in accordance with DFAR 225.872-1.
21) ITAR and EAR
This PO may contain, and/or reference documents containing information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Supplier shall not export, release, or disclose this information without first complying with the export license requirements of the application regulations.
This contract is DPAS-Rated per 15 CFR 700; refer to this website for more information: http://guidebook.dcma.mil/38/DPAS Guidebook.htm
23) DROP SHIPMENT
If item or material to produce the item is drop shipped, Supplier shall fax proof of delivery to Janicki Receiving Department within 48 hours. Failure to comply may result in delay of payment to Supplier.
24) DIGITAL PRODUCT DEFINITION
(DPD)Implementation and ongoing maintenance of a DPD process compliant with the latest revision of the end item customer’s DPD procedure, such as Boeing D6-51991 or Spirit Aero Systems MAA1 or Janicki approved equivalent is required. Janicki Industries reserves the right to audit to the applicable process standard.
25) ASME Material
All products and/or services relating to this PO must conform to the appropriate ASME code specifications and requirements.