Applications for internships are accepted when an intern position is posted. To apply go to job openings page and look for Interns.
Qualifications to Apply for Internships?
- Must be currently enrolled at an ABET accredited four-year university or college
- Business operations or software applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited university or college or within 6 month post-graduation
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operations Systems
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Technical roles: Hands-on experience through engineering project teams, lab research, or through a prior relevant internship or work experience
- Business operations roles: Prior relevant internship or work experience
When are Internship Opportunities Available?
- Interns must be available full time for a minimum of 12 weeks. Summer (May – Sept)
What Locations Hire Interns?
- Layton, Utah
- Sedro Woolley, Washington
- Hamilton, Washington
Are International Students Eligible to Apply to Internship Opportunities?
- No, To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Does Janicki Industries Provide Employment Sponsorship for F-1 Visa Students?
- No, Janicki Industries is unable to provide employment sponsorship to students on F-1 visa status.
After I Apply Online When can I Expect to Hear Back from a Recruiter?
- If you are selected to interview for a position, you will be contacted by a recruiter.
Are Internship Opportunities Paid and Can I Receive Course Credit for Them?
- Internships at Janicki Industries are paid, and can also be used to satisfy course credit at the discretion of your university. Please note that as an intern at Janicki Industries you may work on proprietary, sensitive, and/or ITAR controlled projects; as such, we are unable to allow presentations, papers, or reports on the work you complete at Janicki Industries. If necessary, however, we will be pleased to confirm the dates of your employment to your university or instructor, and provide a brief overview of the types of experience internships provide.
Our interns get involved in all kinds of projects at Janicki Industries. Here are a few examples:
Advanced Composite Materials for NASA
- Assisting with design, analysis, lay-up and assembly of parts and assemblies for the NASA Orion Space project.
Commercial Airliner Tooling
- Work with our professional aerospace engineers to design very large tools for composite fuselage bodies. Or working in a cleanroom assembling critical components for composite airplanes.
Composites in Defense
- Assist with exchanging information between other Defense contractors to design and build parts and tools for some of the most advanced military projects currently underway.
Tooling for Windmill Blades
- Conceptualizing a collapsible transport container for moving wind turbine generators from the factory to the field.
Research & Development
- Work with our JI scientist in our R&D Lab measuring and analyzing the strength, durability, and reliability of composite parts for jets.
Composites in Architecture
- Preliminary sizing and optimization of a novel architectural roofing system for a large scale commercial building.
Internal Processes and Standards
- Engineering standard components for an internal company library.