Janicki Industries provides machining services to the Commercial Aerospace, Military, and Space Exploration markets. The Janicki facility in Layton Utah is a world-class facility built to support the trim and drill of composite parts and the machining of complex metallic structures. Our proprietary 5-axis milling machines and machining software combined with real-time health monitoring using the latest in laser metrology hardware allow for certainty that parts will be machined within the tight tolerances of today’s high-performance aerospace world. Automated processes eliminate human error, allowing for unparalleled precision and repeatability. Machining programs at the Janicki Utah facility exceed 99% on-time deliveries and 99% zero-defect.
Trim & Drill
F-35 Wings and Fuselage Panels
- Production Trim and Drill of F-35 Wing Skins and Fuselage Panels
- Production Trim and Drill of next-generation commercial aerospace Fuselage Stiffeners
- Trusted partner for low-volume or one-off prototype parts
- Experience with the most common composite laminates including carbon-epoxy and carbon-bmi
Complex Metallic Structures
Starliner Lower Dome Machining
Milling of the Lower Dome consisted of over 1,500 pockets that were machined using highly precise 5-Axis mills while removing over 90% of the material from the aluminum formed blank.Press Release
Milling Orion Forward Bulkhead
- 246 lb part from a 5,000 lb Aluminum Blank
- As-Built Features Better Than +\- 0.0025”
- 8 weeks machining time
Janicki Industries built facilities at Layton, Utah that are dedicated to the trim & drill of highly accurate parts made of composites and metals. This facility is 100,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space with three large 5-Axis mills, and a metrology lab. It is staffed with experienced engineers and experts fabricators. We are ready to provide solutions to our customer’s largest challenges.